Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Artsy Fartsy: How Photography is Art

Photography is a big part of everybody's lives today, from professional photographers, to kids with cell phones, almost everybody takes pictures today, and because of this, the art of photography has become very prevalent in today’s culture.

Online, a debate wages between traditional artists and photographers: is photography truly art? Or is it a science?

The people who believe photography is not an art argue that because photography relies so heavily on modern technology, it cannot truly be considered an art. They argue that without modern technology, photography wouldn’t exist.

The people who support the belief that photography is an art, however, mention that despite photography’s reliance on modern day technology, it is still a creative way for people to express themselves, just like any other form of art.

In my opinion, photography is definitely a form of art. Through photography, I am able to express myself in whatever way I want. I can show anyone how I see the world around me, and give them a chance to see the world from my eyes; to get a glimpse into my life.

Photography has changed my life, despite the short amount of time I’ve been involved in it. I truly hope that my photography can change the lives of others the way they change mine, and I believe that many other photographers feel the same way about their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment