Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Nikon D3300 Review

Now, I know this review is probably more than a little late, considering that the D3300 has been out for a long while now, and has technically been replace by the D3400, but I still want to write this, because I want to give my opinion on the camera as a teenage amateur photographer.


Now, my school’s journalism department owns the Nikon D3300 with the 18-55mm kit lens, and we also have a collection of older Nikkor lenses that belong to film SLR cameras, but due to Nikon’s choice to keep their lens mount the same, the lenses still work with the D3300-albeit only on manual exposure mode and with no auto focus.


The camera performs fairly well with the kit lens, and it offers a nice little range, from a wide angle to a short telephoto, and works for everything from landscapes to portraits, although it’s not the sharpest lens available.
Nikon D3300 with 18-55mm kit lens.
The camera focuses fairly quickly, but not in like a split-second time, like some other cameras are supposedly able to do.

The camera is fairly easy to use, and I was able to learn the basic, and even some of the more advance controls, in about a week or two, and then I quickly learned how to operate the rest of the camera, to the point where I am now able to use the camera in whatever shooting mode the situation requires, including full manual mode.

Shot In Manual Mode with The Nikon D3300 and 18-55MM Kit lens
With five frames per second continuous shooting, the camera works fairly well in situations where I want to catch a lot of photos in a short amount of time, which isn't very often.

With an Iso range of one hundred to twenty five thousand and six hundred, the D3300 performs fairly well in low light, although the higher ISO's definitely introduce their fair share of noise to your photos, so I recommend shooting at the lowest ISO possible and changing your other settings accordingly.

The D3300 does include a live view mode, although I rarely use it due to several reasons: It lacks and adjustable screen, so even when shooting in live view, the camera needs to be directly in front of you in order for you to see exactly what you are shooting. Also, the focus in live view is not very great, and is much slower than the focus when using the viewfinder to frame your subject.

Overall, the D3300 is a good camera for beginners such as myself, although I wouldn't recommend it to more experienced/professional photographers.

No comments:

Post a Comment